Settlers Cabin & Gardens
This rustic log cabin is an example of the housing for early pioneer living. It was built circa 1835 and was moved to its present site in 1966 from its original location on Mission Vineyard Road just to the south of town. It had been restored by William Mackenzie and Martin Penn at that site. Now it sits amid a garden which serves as a shaded corner in town conducive to strolling and as an area of rest.
This site was originally occupied by The Mission Hotel, which was built in the early 1900’s. Early proprietors of the hotel were the Beck and Goralla families. The Hotel was demolished by the State in the early 1930’s.