J.H. Lavagnino Clothing Store
This 1870 western false front building originally housed J.H. Lavagnino’s Clothing Store and was used for wine storage during the early 20th century. The building has been a dwelling, a grocery store, a feed and grain store combined with a cigar store, a haberdashery, and a saloon.
It was originally a long narrow adobe until 1858 and housed a jewelry store owned by Mr. Chatlaine during the mid 1850’s.
This building is a one-story wood framed building with exterior clad with horizontal wood board siding. The building is covered by a moderately pitched front gabled roof partially fronted by a rectangular false front parapet and the recessed entry and the display windows appear to be early twentieth century alterations.
Mom & Pop’s Saloon moved from its location a block away and made the building it’s home for over 25 years. The saloon recently closed.